If eating cake is wrong, then I don’t want to be right.
If you are looking for a delicious cake recipe that is perfect for any occasion, then look no further than Lemon Drizzle Cake. It’s a moist, tangy, and sweet treat that is perfect for afternoon tea, dessert, or any time you want a little indulgence.
- 225 g caster sugar
- 225 g butter
- 275 g self-raising flour
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- Zest of 2 lemons
- For the Dizzle, we will need: Juice of 2 lemons and 175 g caster sugar
How to make it
1- Cream butter and sugar, then add eggs.
2- Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold.
3- Grntly stir in the milk and the finely grated lesson zest.
4- Transfer into a grand baking tin and bake for 35-40 minutes at 160°C.
5- Meanwhile, make the drizzle by combining 175g of caster sugar with the juice of 2 lemons
6- Remove the cake from the oven and pour over the dizzy straight away.
7- Leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes before cutting into slices and place them on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- For an extra lemony taste, add a little lemon extract or lemon curd to the mixture before baking.
- Use unwaxed lemons for the zest and juice, as the wax on the skin can give a bitter taste.
- To make the cake gluten-free, swap the self-raising flour for gluten-free self-raising flour.
- This cake can be frozen once cooled and defrosted overnight before serving.
Lemon Drizzle Cake is a classic recipe that is easy to make and perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re having a cup of tea with friends or celebrating a special event, this cake is sure to impress. So, why not try this recipe out for yourself and see just how delicious it can be?
READ: Classic Cheesecake